As previously mentioned during orientation, we have heard a rumor from several questionnable sources that having a kid takes up all your free time. So we decided to take one last trip without kids or dogs, just the two of us... er... 2.25 of us. For this vacation, we decided to go to the Big Island. That's right, for our vacation from Hawaii, we went to - Hawaii.
We stayed at the Kiluaea Military Camp in Volcano National Park, a military recreation camp. Michael loved it because it was cold all the time and we had a fireplace in the room. Every night was spent reading in front of the fire. Very relaxing. Plus, I didn't have to work AT ALL, so that's always good.
Michael's favorite part of the trip was seeing an actual LIVE volcano (no lava though, because apparently the fumes are hazardous to the baby. And I guess to us, too).
My favorite part of the trip was completely unscheduled. We saw a sign for the black sand beach and thought it might be cool to check it out. And it was okay, whatever, the sand was black. Blah blah blah. Until I noticed the AWESOME sea turtles just chilling on the beach!
The most dissapointing trip for both of us was the bird park. It was supposed to be full of rare, native hawaiian birds which we heard but never saw. What it was actually full of was desolate landscape and one very nosy rooster.
Our final trip was to the zoo. We had heard that they had a rare, white tiger so we decided to stop by on our way to the airport. The zoo was not the biggest or the best we'd ever been to, but they did have the white tiger and admission was free.
A big thank you to Gina who took care of our dogs and fish and cleaned our house while we were gone. We appreciate it so much!
10 comments:
My vote is for Alexander (Xander), and since I'm one of the grandparents, my vote counts multiple times! I loved the pictures of the Big Island.
Mom Rodgers
LOL!!! I love the pictures of Michael with the Rooster. I laughed so hard! They were great! I hope that you guys enjoyed your trip! Reed and I are lucky if we get a date night every six months! Luv ya guys!
Okay, just to set the record straight...I was actually the first one to post on here but "someone" didn't have the site set up correctly. = )
Boy's name? How about Aaron Gabriel Rodgers? You know, just to keep the whole AGR tradition going.
- Dad/Asa
wazzupp.... I posted somewhere else on this site yesterday but have no idea where it is... anyway, just wanted to say hey for now.
---Adam---
I posted the same place Adam did but - like him I can't find it. Love the Big Island pictures.
-Mandy
Your pictures are so good! What kind of camera do you guys have? My pictures never turn out this good. Maybe it's my subjects..animals are way cuter than people!Everyone needs to vote for the name Alexander. If you think about it, it provides three names in one. He can go by Xander, Alex, or Alexander. This gives the poor guy some options as he gets older. When you think about it, you'll agree that I'm right!
Mom/Debbie
Mom is never right. Don't listen to her. I voted for Jackson.....but I wouldn't be upset with Alexander. That was actually my next favorite.
--Mandy
Hey! Where's the name poll? I was going to vote agai...uh...I mean, I was going to CHECK on the name again. Yeah, that's it. CHECK on the name.
- Dad
If I even SUSPECT there's been voter fraud, the child's name will be Ron Paul Rodgers! So no messing with the poll!
- Michael
I don't think that's funny....I like the whole sticking with the AGR thing too.
-Mandy-
Post a Comment